Most common benign tumors in females, they can grow and cause heavy menstruation, pelvic pain, urinary frequency, pressure symptoms, and can interfere with pregnancy. The evaluation of their size, shape, and number determines the best choice of treatment and they may need surgery:
– Myomectomy: Removal of tumors leaving uterus intact for future pregnancy.
– Hysterectomy: Removal of the uterus when pregnancy is no longer required.
Abnormal uterine bleeding: (Heavy & painful uterine bleeding)
– Dilatation & Curettage: Temporary surgical removal of inner lining of the uterus, for women with heavy bleeding, who desire children in the future.
– Endometrial Ablation: Ablation of the inner lining of the uterus to stop reccurent heavy uterine bleeding, this is not an option for women who wish to have a child in the future.
Uterine & Vaginal prolapse: (Cystocele – Rectocele – Enterocoele)
Occur frequently in women who had multiple vaginal childbirths, suffer from chronic cough, chronic constipation, or due to age related hormonal changes. It may also occur in women who never had children but have weak supportive tissue.
Female urinary incontinence:
May also develop with pelvic organ prolapse and can be corrected by conservative therapy (kegel exercises, pessary or laser therapy), or surgical correction by uterine & vaginal suspension or vaginoplasty)
– Follicular cyst: single wall sac filled with clear fluid, usually disappears in 2 months.
– Endometriosis: migrating endometrial tissue gets transplanted and bleeds causing pain.
– Dermoid Cyst: contains skin, hair, teeth, bones.
– Ovarian tumors: may require oncology surgery.
Minimal Invasive Surgery:
– Vaginal Surgery:
Surgery performed through the vagina avoids any scars or painful incisions on the abdomen. It can be used for treatment of prolapse, urinary incontinence, hysterectomy, and sometimes myomectomy.
A very small abdominal incision, the recovery is typically faster and more comfortable. We offer this approach for a wide variety of conditions that require an abdominal incision.
Hormone Replacment Therapy : (Bio-identicle hormones)
Most effective therapy for discomforts that many women experience at menopause. Hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, vaginal dryness, low sex drive
– Contraceptive Pills: Combination hormonal pills for contraception
– Intra Uterine Devices: Copper IUD – Silver IUD – Hormonal IUD
– Vaginal ring: Hormonal contraceptive ring
Vaginal infection & Sexual Transmitted Disease: العدوي المهبلية
– Vaginal infection: (Candida – Trichomonas – Chlamydia – Bacteria – Gonnorrhea)
– Vaginal & vulva warts (HPV)
– HIV – HPV – HS – Hepatitis
Female Sexual Dysfunction:
– Desire dysfunction
– Arousal dysfunction
– Orgasmic dysfunction
Cervical Cancer Screening
– Pelvic exam (Vagina, Uterus, Cervix, Urethra, Rectum)
– PAP smear (Cervical cancer screening & Dysplasia)
– HPV screening (Abnormal cell screening)
– Vaginal swab (Vaginal infection & STD tests)
– Cervical & endometrial biopsy
– Hormonal assessment